It is known that nutrition is important in regulating hormones and that sexual dysfunction may be reversed, with few lifestyle changes. Natural remedies, rich in natural plant-based chemicals, provide an answer for male sexual enhancement. Put plants in your pants, and your love life will grow stronger.
It is a taboo topic, but your sex life ebbs and flows. There is nothing to be ashamed about, it happens to just about everyone. The libido is the sexual drive in men that can be determined and influenced by several factors, such as social, psychological, and hormonal. Your age, health, and how you feel about your relationship can all have an impact.
While there are synthetic pills to guide your way back to healthy sex life, some people prefer the all-natural route, and for that, there are several remedies that can provide support. Many herbs show the potential to improve men’s sexual function, but scarce scientific evidence exists to support the use of any herbal medication in enhancing sexual performance. Safety and effectiveness are not guaranteed. Some herbs may interact with the medicines you take. Before starting to use any herbs, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Restoring Erectile Function in Men
Next time you need a boost, try the following herbal remedies for male sexual enhancement. Some may already be in your kitchen!
- Ginkgo is an herb that practitioners have used for thousands of years to treat many health conditions. It is considered to enhance erectile dysfunction. That is based on the claim that ginkgo dilates blood vessels and promotes blood flow to the sexual organs. Blood-thinning is a side effect. People taking certain medications should not use ginkgo.
- Yohimbine is a tree found in western Africa. Its bark contains a compound called yohimbine. A 2015 meta-analysis of seven clinical trials determined that yohimbine was superior to placebo for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED). It is believed to work by stimulating the release of the hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine. Both hormones hinder the effects of other body chemicals that may constrict the blood vessels in the penis. Although yohimbine enhances libido it is associated with many side effects. Examples are elevated anxiety, blood pressure, and fast heart rate.
- Maca is a Peruvian plant that is becoming worldwide recognized as a sexual booster. According to several studies, Maca has been shown to increase sperm count. It has also been reported to improve ED. Maca is considered safe. But if you are suffering from thyroid problems, it is worth being careful with using it.
- Ginseng is an old remedy that has been proven to boost the immune system and decrease stress and inflammation. It has been claimed that when taken regularly it can improve blood flow and normal levels of testosterone. A few studies on ginseng reported benefits in increasing semen quality and restoring erectile function in men.
- Pine pollen is a traditional Chinese remedy, rich in vitamins, minerals, and other substances that have can increase the body’s ability to restore man’s natural hormonal balance and stimulates testosterone production. Pine pollen is also stated to increase the blood flow to the penis, thereby resolve erectile dysfunction. It can cause an increase in allergic symptoms. People with asthma and allergy are advised to be cautious.
- Horny goat weed is an old remedy that has been used in China for thousands of years to improve sexual function in general. It helps with erectile dysfunction and restores the sexual drive. Horny goat weed contains icariin, a substance that is a mild inhibitor. Inhibiting PDE5 is how ED medications like Viagra and Cialis work. It is recommended that people with heart disease should not take this herb as it may affect the heart.
The Sex Vitamins
If you’ve been worried about your decreased libido, check what food is served on your plate. Several studies indicate that diet is a factor in improving sexual performance. The right balance of essential vitamins and minerals is the key to enhanced libido.
- Vitamin A: Essential in the production of testosterone, vitamin A is present in eggs, meat, milk, orange, and vegetables.
- Magnesium: Adequate intake of magnesium helps in getting quality sleep. Eggs, nuts, and green vegetables are good sources of magnesium.
- Zinc: Essential mineral for your overall health and lack of zinc may contribute to infertility. It can be found in seafood, red meat, and cheese.
- Vitamin E: It is called the ‘sex vitamin’ because it increases blood flow and oxygen to your genitalia. You can get it in oily fish, eggs, and dairy products.
- Iron: Iron is critical for maintaining the level of your sexual arousal. It can be found in red meat, dry fruits, green vegetables. Anemia could be one of the causes for lack of sexual desire and also the quality of erection.